Friday, July 24, 2015

Salt Marsh Trail, and Willet Encounter.


 Hi All, 

Did something new yesterday, which was photographing with my pro gear while cycling. A Compact camera is way lighter, but just doesn't do justice when in a beautiful area. 
Yes, it was heavy, and awkward with a full size tripod strapped on it. 

But was glad to have it as I had the most amazing Willet (shorebird) encounter. I rode right by it about 10 ft away where it was perched on top of a bush. After pedaling past, I stopped, broke out the gear and worked my way back slowly. It flew off a few times, but always returned to the same perch Lucky me! Got to within 10-15 ft, and fired away. It didn't seemed bothered at all. By far the closest I've ever gotten to one, they were on my rather long wish list. 

This took about 40 min., and left it still there, and continued on to do some other shooting. Will definitely be making this a regular stop, though will start hiking it, to do some birding, and taking in hopefully more sights. 

Enjoy! 
Gary 




                                          Reflection. 


                                          Willets:













                                          Landscape along the Salt Marsh Trail. 




The tools of ignorance. 

No comments: