Saturday, June 26, 2010

9 Mile River Trail System

Hi All,

Last Sunday I had the pleasure of trying out my new Canon G11 Compact Camera while out Mountain Biking. It was a great experience, being able to do adventure type sports/pursuits, and photograph.

There is a new Trail system near Enfield Nova Scotia, and all indications are that we have a winner. It is a multi use trail system, which is great for hiking/biking etc.. Being not too rough, but rough enough to feel like one is in a wild area and not a park. The trails are still in development, and approximately 20km are in the plans.
It is also great for hiking, judging by the numbers of people I saw on the trails and my own experience doing it. Birders will enjoy it too, with a variety of habitats and lots of seclusion. The highlight for me was a vocalizing Northern Goshawk which was very agitated, evidence that a nest may be nearby.

There is also a Facebook site dedicated to supporting the initiative.
www.facebook.com ninemileriver


All images taken with a Canon G11, B&W Circularizer Polarizer.















Enjoy, I hope some folks can see this great outdoor area.
Gary


No comments: